July 30, 2010

Last Day of Work

Today is my last day of work as ESL Supervisor at the YWCA of Calgary. It has been a great pleasure working here. I was fortunate enough to step into this position with very little experience or background in the field, and I have grown significantly in the past 3 years. Today it was reinforced by my colleagues and supervisors that my work was very appreciated.  I was congratulated for my organization, personality, patience, sense of humour and knowledge of technology. I'm just glad to have been part of an organization filled with such great people. If it weren't for the positive team dynamic we shared, it certainly would not have been as enjoyable an experience.


I was left with this quote, which I really like:


"Each is given a bag of tools, / A shapeless mass and a book of rules; / And each must make, ere life is flown, / A stumbling block or a stepping stone. (R. L. Sharpe)"

No comments:

Post a Comment